Tuesday, March 23, 2010

GenuinelyStreetFoodTrip





Along Taft street, just behind the big circle of Roxas City where the Church, the Museum, main Park and Capitol are situated is a strectch of vendors selling street food. Nope, not just barbecues and the likes but a hardcore domestic cuisine in the very form of "Binakolan".

Steaming hot binakolans are cooked on the spot and sold for P 30.00 per serving from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm in the street (with tinapay to match with as desired).

You wanna know what's in it? Hmm. The sweet middle-aged owner who is an heiress of the business/of the binakolan I ate in told me.

iba
kamyas
sibuyas
kamatis
sili
tanglad
luy-a
bainakol na manok
beef
atay/liver

Hmm you may imagine it spicy just by looking at the ingredients. ANd you're definitely right. Halfway thru my order, I was perspiring so much I had soaked my new hanky. But who cares, it was the best streetfood I have ever had in my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

  • Journey to Capiz - There are three goals I wanted to accomplish before I become wrinkled and bedridden. First is to have a stable job with a more than average income. Sec...
    14 years ago

Twitter

Followers

Search This Blog